To ensure that Washington Street is a safe and fulfilling place for families of all shapes and sizes, we’ve taken the following steps:
- We comply with the Safe Sanctuary policies of the South Carolina United Methodist Church. Through it, we ensure that we’re conducting the ministry of Christ in ways that ensure the physical and emotional safety and spiritual growth of all of our children and youth.
- We run an on-site Child Development Center that serves many families in the congregation. Here, children grow and thrive under the guidance of compassionate, committed teachers
- We teach children God’s word through our Children’s Ministries, and we help youth find meaningful opportunities to encounter Christ through our Youth Ministries.
- We find ways for children and young people to use their talents — through music, service, and leadership.
- We intentionally reach out to and welcome diverse families into our fold; all are welcome here.
Through our various ministries, we ensure that your young ones are raised in a church family where their spiritual and emotional growth is vital to growing the body of Christ, and creating disciples within our community and our world.