Washington Street UMC is currently looking to fill a part-time position for a Music Director. All cover letters and resumes should be submitted to:
• Report to the Senior Pastor and coordinate all musical organizations and content with approval from the Senior Pastor.
• Engage all directors and assist in developing strong choral (children, youth, and adults) and instrumental (handbells) ministries.
• Provide assistance to Directors with musical choices for worship and program development.
• Coordinate with Staff Pastor Parish Relations Committee to ensure that the positions of Organist and Pianist are filled and provide supervision and yearly evaluation of their work.
• Plan in advance choral music, hymns and solos for weekly services and work with the Senior Pastor to implement musical selections into the Order of Worship.
• Submit information for bulletin in a timely manner.
• Implement long-range plans for music selections to allow for adequate preparation of music.
• Select, teach, prepare and conduct all music for the Sanctuary Choir in rehearsals and services.
• Select and engage choral scholars. Submit all necessary employment forms for new hires and submit monthly payroll to the Business Manager.
• Recruit new choir members and encourage full and regular participation.
• Engage instrumental musicians as needed for weekly and special services.
• Hold extra rehearsals, as needed for music preparation.