Our Identity Statement
The congregation of Washington Street UMC praises and serves God from the heart of the city in ways that reach our neighbors near and far. We welcome all who seek the love and mercy of Christ regardless of race, creed, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or economic status. We honor traditions as rooted in our history, our expression of worship, and our respect for theological curiosity. We nonetheless see vital change and ongoing renewal as essential for spiritual growth.”
Renewal 202 Identity Statment
Our Core Values
The disciples at WSUMC value the following:
- a strong faith demonstrated by mission and service;
- our love for one another and a deep sense of church community;
- a historic connection with the local community
- meaningful sermons and an inspirational ministry of sacred music;
- faith, power, and wisdom emerging from theological study
- and openness to diversity and inclusion as expressed in the United Methodism’s “open hearts, open doors, open minds” credo
“Vision is what we are called to do now and in this particular place — given our mission, the values and strengths of our people, and the needs of those around us.”
The United Methodist Church is a global church that opens hearts, opens doors and opens minds for all of God’s children through active engagement with our world.
We invite you to learn more about our rich theological heritage by visiting www.umc.org or www.umcsc.org.