Your family is our family.
Our church is home to grandparents, moms, dads, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and so many more loved ones.
A central part of our mission is that we provide a place of Christian Education and Fellowship where you feel that your family is cherished, loved and nurtured.
To ensure that Washington Street is a safe and fulfilling place for families of all shapes and sizes, we’ve taken the following steps:
- We comply with the Safe Sanctuary policies of the South Carolina United Methodist Church. Through it, we ensure that we’re conducting the ministry of Christ in ways that ensure the physical and emotional safety and spiritual growth of all of our children and youth.
- We run an on-site Child Development Center that serves many families in the congregation. Here, children grow and thrive under the guidance of compassionate, committed teachers
- We teach children God’s word through our Children’s Ministries, and we help youth find meaningful opportunities to encounter Christ through our Youth Ministries.
- We find ways for children and young people to use their talents — through music, service, and leadership.
- We intentionally reach out to and welcome diverse families into our fold; all are welcome here.
Through our various ministries, we ensure that your young ones are raised in a church family where their spiritual and emotional growth is vital to growing the body of Christ, and creating disciples within our community and our world.
No matter the age, Washington Street is a place where you and your family will find community.
The opportunities for your family to engage and grow with the life of our church are endless. Check out a few of our programs below, and follow the links to our ministries on the top toolbar!
Wednesday Night Fellowship Suppers
A time for gathering with friends over dinner, small group gatherings (children and adults!) and an opportunity for worship
2nd Wednesday of each month – 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Youth and Adults – an opportunity for service to others
Washington Street Girl Scouts live by the Girl Scout Promise: On my honor, I will try: to serve God and my country, to help people at all times, and to live by the Girl Scout Law.
Held every summer, it’s a time for children, youth and adults to enjoy a week of friends, fun and growing in faith!
Taught by our Director of Music and other adult volunteers, it’s a time for children to dance, sing, and make a joyful noise!